SETUP KONEKSI MULTIPLE DEVICE (MULTILINK) PADA WINDOW XP
Ditengarai bahwa cara ini dapat meningkatkan kecepatan koneksi internet terutama pada koneksi Dial Up atau ISDN ( Via HP ).
To use multiple device dialing:
* Your ISP must support synchronization of multiple modems.
* You need to install multiple modems.
* You need a separate phone line for each modem.
To dial multiple devices, both your connection and your remote access server must have Multilink enabled
Bagian ini maksudnya gak ngerti nih…hehhehe.
To configure a connection:
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.
2. Click the connection that you want to configure (for example, a dial-up connection), and then, under Network Tasks, click Change settings of this connection.
3. Click the General tab, and then click each device that you want to use for this connection.
4. Use one or more of the following steps:
* To configure dialing devices, phone numbers, the host address, country or region codes, or dialing rules, click the General tab.
* To configure dialing and redialing options, or X.25 parameters, click the Options tab.
* To configure identity authentication, data encryption, or terminal window and scripting options, click the Security tab.
* To configure the remote access server and protocols that are used for this connection, click the Networking tab. Also, click Settings and select the Negotiate multi-link for single link connections check box.
* To enable or disable Internet Connection Sharing, Internet Connection Firewall, and on-demand dialing, click the Advanced tab.
* Depending on the type of connection that you are configuring, different options and tabs appear in the connection’s properties.
Note that if you use Multilink to dial a server that requires callback, only one of your Multilink devices is called back. This occurs because you can store only one number in a user account. Therefore, only one device connects and all other devices do not connect; your connection loses Multilink functionality. You can avoid this problem:
* If the phonebook entry for the Multilink connection uses a standard modem configuration, and the remote access server that your connection is calling uses more than one line for the same number.
* If the phonebook entry for the Multilink connection is ISDN(Via HP) with two channels that have the same phone number
temen-temen tolong posting dikomentar yah, penjelasannya sesederhana mungkin.
Multilink is enabled automatically in Windows XP Home Edition and Windows XP Professional
Pastikan Load Balancingnya bekerja, dengan mengecek ulang Registry ini
Go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters]
Add the valuename RandomAdapter if it does not exsist, make sure you add it as a REG_DWORD (DWORD Value).
Enter 1 as a value data to enable RandomAdapter or 0 to disable it.
Add the valuename SingleResponse if it does not exsist, make sure you add it as a REG_DWORD (DWORD Value).
Enter 1 as a value data to enable SingleResponse or 0 to disable it.
Go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]
Add the valuename EnableBcastArpReply if it does not exsist, make sure you add it as a REG_DWORD (DWORD Value).
Enter 1 as a value data to enable SingleResponse or 0 to disable it
Reboot your computer.
Note! Make sure both RandomAdapter, SingleResponse, and EnableBcastArpReply have the data value 1 or the load balancing will not work.
Sumber : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307849